About the Organization:
Based in Washington, DC, the Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network is a leading international network and promoter of best practice in enterprise development and financial services. Its mission is to connect microenterprise practitioners in a global learning community. Since its inception in 1985, it has worked to research and document best practices and convene key industry stakeholders in its well known annual conference.
About the Job:
SEEP Network is looking for SEEP International Practicum Internship - Microfinance and Microenterprise Development. S/he will be responsible for a mixture of project management, program implementation, and administrative functions all in support of SEEP’s action research and capacity building programs with its members, their partners, microfinance associations, and other local and regional microfinance institutions and microenterprise development organizations around the world.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Programs team. There are a number of initiatives that are underway including programs on savings, youth, and economic development, among others.
- Enrolled in a Graduate program (International Business, International Development, or other related field of study);
- Commitment and interest in microfinance and microenterprise development;
- Good organizational skills; Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in English and professional competence in French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Mandarin Chinese. The ability to translate to and from English is a plus;
- Overseas work or study experience a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to singhseepnetwork.org