About the Organization:
Population Services International (PSI) is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
About the Job:
PSI is seeking a Senior Cost and Pricing Officer to manage the development of donor specific templates and cost and pricing strategies. S/he will work to ensure full cost recovery of program activity, indirect costs, and any potential fees in PSI cost proposal presentations. In addition, the incumbent will develop procedures and checklists to ensure quality reviews of cost proposals and budget realignments.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly with all staff, including remote sites, to assess/support cost proposal efforts in response to RFA/P’s and other funder solicitations;
- Supervise research, template and budget notes development support;
- Supervise and review training material development, presentations, field support tools, etc;
- Supervise and monitor use of tools to support full cost recovery for PSI;
- Supervise cost and pricing support to grants and contracts, finance, program, field-based staff and other staff, especially around funder regulations and pricing models;
- Review complex budgets for completeness, fee structure, and indirect cost recovery;
- Represent cost and pricing functions internally to ensure that this need is represented in deliberations, process and template development, and decision-making. Mentor staff to grow the cost and pricing function within PSI;
- Provide guidance to cost and pricing staff assisting program staff in the development of cost-related responses to post submission questions. Support, as requested, staff participation in cost proposal clarifications or negotiations with client representatives;
- Implement opportunities to streamline cost and pricing processes;
- Coordinate within grants and contracts department with closeout support;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MS/MA/MBA or equivalent related experience;
- More than 4 years of experience with cost and pricing work, familiarity with US government contracting rules and regulations and global fund requirements. CDC, DFID, KfW a plus;
- Experience with creating and managing budgets. Strong computer skills and advanced ability working with spreadsheets and word processing. Quattro Pro/MS-Excel and MS-Word preferred.
Closing Date: 20 Mar 2013
How to Apply: