About the Organization:
HOPE International is a network of MFIs operating in 16 countries around the world. It works to empower men, women, and families to break the cycles of physical and spiritual poverty through the provision of loans, savings services, basic business training, mentoring, and discipleship. In its network, HOPE includes traditional microfinance programs, microfinance plus programs, savings-led microfinance programs, and small and medium enterprise development programs.
About the Job:
HOPE International is looking for a Finance Manager - Africa. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the finance department including cashiers, management information systems, and accountants in development, maintaining, and ensuring the integrity of the organization’s entire financial system.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with and the integrity of the finance department’s controls structure. Ensure all personnel complete tasks in a careful, professional and accurate manner;
- Responsible to supervise and check all financial transactions, the overall financial system, and the implementation of all financial policies and report to managing director regularly.
Management and leadership:
- Recruit high quality staff that are committed to HOPE’s vision and mission;
- Establish goals, conduct quarterly reviews, and annual assessments of all direct reports and to determine plans for their development.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze the organization’s budget, compare budget cost with actual cost to create reports on a regular basis;
- Responsible for all monthly, quarterly, and annual external reporting, preparing reports for local government bodies including the annual audit, taxes, etc.
- At least 4 years of finance, accounting, and/or other relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of and experience in external reporting to local and national government bodies including but not limited to preparing the annual audit, taxes, etc.;
- Experience using accounting software to prepare internal and external reports (included but not limited to income statements, balance sheets, cash flow reports);
- Compliance minded and focused;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Intermediate English and either French or Swahili or Lingala required.
Closing Date: 30 Sep 2013
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to jobshopeinternational.org