About the Organization:
FINCA International, one of the world's leading MFIs, provides financial services to more than 950,000 clients through 21 wholly owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Greater Middle East.
About the Job:
FINCA International is seeking an Event Planning Intern - Spring/Summer, to be based in Washington, DC. Internship would ideally begin immediately and last 3-6 months. The intern will work with executive office staff to plan and produce a number of high-level events, ranging from small group meetings involving FINCA executives to domestic and international gatherings of the FINCA Board of Directors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Research and coordination of logistics for domestic and international meetings, including travel, lodging, meeting space, meals, and entertainment;
- Communication with both internal and external parties regarding event planning details;
- Organization and production of briefing documents for Executives and Board of Directors;
- Logistical and technical support of high priority Executive Office projects;
- Assistance with miscellaneous administrative tasks;
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and complete projects by deadline;
- Interest in and knowledge of microfinance, finance and development issues;
- Excellent communication skills, especially written and editing;
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- International experience is beneficial;
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and under time pressure;
- Available 24-40 hours per week (minimum of 20 hours per week required), for 3-6 months (preference given to applicants with long-term availability).
Education & Experience
- Current student or recent graduate focusing on international development, international relations, or a related field; Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Fluency in Spanish required.
- Proficiency in a full range of MS Office applications (specifically, intermediate Excel proficiency); experience with Visio highly desirable.
Closing Date: 15 Mar 2013
How to Apply: