About the Organization:
The Financial Access Initiative (FAI) is a consortium of researchers at NYU, Yale, Harvard and IPA focused on finding answers to how financial sectors can better meet the needs of poor households. Financial access holds the promise to help low-income individuals in developing countries manage their economic lives and build wealth. FAI aims to provide rigorous research on the impacts of financial access and on innovative ways to improve access.
About the Job:
FAI is looking for a Research Analyst/Writer. S/he will join the U.S. Financial Diaries (USFD) project team. S/he will work closely with the project team to review and analyze data. S/he will develop and execute the publication of a set of written outputs such as white papers, blog posts, briefs, and reports.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Write first outlines and drafts of papers working closely with the lead researchers on the project;
- Conduct quantitative (including analyzing raw data) and qualitative research and analysis relevant to written and print outputs;
- Interview key subjects, when relevant and necessary to the written output;
- Manage the entire print production process, including but not limited to coordinating and leading content planning meetings, setting up schedules, tracking workflows, proof reading, fact-checking, and copy-editing all content;
- Coordinate conferences and presentations schedule and support development and submission of materials for such events, including powerpoints and research paper outlines;
- And other responsibilities on a one-time or ongoing basis as assigned by the USFD research coordinator or lead investigators.
- Bachelor's degree required along with at least 3 years experience in journalism, publications development and/or related areas;
- Must demonstrate a talent for research and writing about the social sciences and/or economics or business;
- Superior written, verbal, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Closing Date: 22 Feb 2013
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to sp1561nyu.edu
Please mention "Research Analyst/Writer Position" in the subject line.View Original Posting