About the Organization:
Calvert Foundation was incorporated in September 1988 as an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. Its mission is to maximize the flow of capital to disadvantaged communities in order to create a more equitable and sustainable society. Calvert Foundation's portfolio comprises investment in a diversified mix of high-impact organizations whose missions include affordable housing, microfinance, fair trade coffee, small business development, and the establishment of essential community facilities.
About the Job:
Calvert Foundation is looking for a Loan Officer - Lending and Business Development. S/he will be responsible for the management of existing loan and origination of new loans. S/he will work closely with the underwriting and risk management teams to manage risk and credit quality within the Calvert Foundation loan portfolio.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of loans spanning the borrower types described above. This person’s portfolio will consist of both US and International credits;
- Identify new business development opportunities for Calvert Foundation and its subsidiary community investment partners. Generate and monitor a pipeline of investment opportunities;
- Analyze, structure, and negotiate credit requests, evaluate due diligence reviews, and make recommendations for new loans to prospective borrowers and increases to current borrowers;
- Prepare and present financing recommendations for approval of new transactions and policies to appropriate investment committees;
- Identify high risk loans and prepare written analysis for classified assets, re-structure troubled loans, and implement work-outs;
- Maintain productive borrower and industry partnerships to advance Calvert Foundation’s work;
- Support the lending team's development and implementation of sector strategies and new financing products;
- Moderate travel for customer site visits, meetings and speaking engagements.
- Advanced degree in Business, Accounting and or Finance or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of lending experience at a bank, CDFI loan fund, international development agency, or similar institution;
- Strong capacity, based on experience and demonstrated successes, in analyzing the credit strengths and weaknesses of financial institutions, funds, and, ideally, social enterprises and/or community facilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills. Solid customer-service orientation;
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications. SalesForce skills a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish desired.
Closing Date: 31 Mar 2013
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to jobscalvertfoundation.org
Please mention "Loan Officer – Business Development" in the subject line.
7315 Wisconsin Ave. 1100W